We currently have one open vacancy.
Campaigns Manager, Children’s Books
Are you brimming with ideas to create stand-out campaigns to capture our readers’ attention? Are you looking for a role where you really get to make a difference to up-and-coming talent in the children’s book world?
At Flying Eye Books, we publish beautiful children’s books with great design, ground-breaking art and stories to cherish. Our readers, like our writers and illustrators, can be found all around the world. We hit the ground running in 2014 when we published the award-winning and bestselling Shackleton’s Journey by William Grill, changing the marketplace of illustrated children’s non-fiction forever. We’ve also had successes in the picture book and comic book world too – with Luke Pearson’s series of Hildacomics now an Emmy award-winning Netflix show. As our publishing has gone from strength to strength, we continue to invest in fresh new illustration and writing talent for children’s books. Most of all we value innovative and creative approaches to how we make our books and how we get them into our readers hands.
We are seeking a talented Campaigns Manager to join our small, dynamic and friendly marketing and publicity team. Working closely with our Head of Sales and Marketing, you will grow the children’s list through creative marketing and publicity campaigns. The Campaigns Manager will also work closely with authors, illustrators, and agents, as well as colleagues in Editorial, Marketing and Sales. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and good time management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering innovative, impactful marketing and publicity campaigns across picture book, non-fiction and comic books
- Promoting our lists including award-winning backlist titles, as well as established brands and front list titles
- Securing and managing brand partnerships
- Managing a marketing budget, ensuring that spend is effective and good value
- Identifying trends and reaching new audiences
- Award submissions and festival pitching
- Set and review budgets
Skills and essential requirements:
- At least 3 years’ experience working on children’s or illustrated book marketing and publicity campaigns
- Experience of working with influential tastemakers, influencers and reviewers
- A proven track record in creating and delivering effective campaigns
- A good understanding of the children’s retail marketplace with strong audience awareness
- A strategic thinker and capable line manager
- Experienced press management skills including the keen use of social media platforms
- Excellent project management skills; you will be comfortable managing simultaneous campaigns
- You will be happy to attend events across the country as needed and occasionally work outside of office hours to facilitate these events
The role is a full-time permanent position, offering a competitive salary. Our offices are based in based in Hackney, London, but we are open to flexible or remote working arrangements for the right candidate.
We want to develop and attract talent as broad as the readers we reach with our books and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.
Please email a CV with a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Campaigns Manager’.