Nobrow / Flying Eye Books are looking for a talented Rights professional to join our publishing team based in London. You will be responsible for co-edition sales, rights sales as well as permissions requests.
- Sell co-edition rights of illustrated adult / children’s fiction and non-fiction lists.
- Maximise rights sales turnover and profit for agreed territories, working to agreed revenue targets
- Research and identify prospective new customers and exploit potential for sales growth
- Liaise with colleagues in production on pricing and schedules
- Attend book fairs and undertake regular sales trips to allocated territories
Experience / skills required:
- Solid rights sales experience in a trade book publishing environment
- An understanding of co-editions sales and ideally 2 years of experience in selling co-editions
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- First-class communication and negotiation skills and fluent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in more than one language would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel regularly
Salary is dependent on experience.
Please contact Harry@nobrow.net
Unfortunately, we are not currently taking interns. We’ve outlined everything we’re looking for below so keep an eye on this page to see when positions become available.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic students to help us out with all sorts of projects and events. Due to the progressive nature of the company and the varied projects at hand, you will be expected to be quite flexible.
Please be aware that we can only offer internships to students looking for placements as part of a university course. After we have reviewed your application, and if it is successful, we will then requite a letter from your university to show that you are enrolled on a course.
There are opportunities coming up all the time for designers, makers, printers and painters. Take a look at our requirements below and see how you can best get involved. Internships are unpaid and run only for two weeks at most.
Skills in Adobe Creative Suite essential
A laptop with CS4 installed.
Basic digital SLR camera skills
HTML and CSS desirable
A creative eye for shop display
Excellent communication skills
In addition to this we would require that you are flexible, hardworking and self-motivated. It’s nice to have people who are eager to learn and that can follow instructions but we also welcome new ideas and positive productivity.
In return we give you a wonderful opportunity to get involved and make an input. All you have to do is send us a CV in PDF format with a link to your portfolio to nobrowsubs[at]gmail[dot]com. We’ll also require a covering letter outlining any useful experiences. Maybe you’re a master bookbinder or an expert model maker but if we don’t know, then we can’t ensure you get the most out of the experience.
We really appreciate you taking the time to apply for work at Flying Eye, but due to limited availability and the number of inquiries we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applications.